Thursday, August 17, 2006

PSLE Oral

These 2 days of PSLE Oral exams have been like a lull of peaceful waters after heavy 10-foot-wave storms. With a heart half of relief ["I get rid of them for 2 extra days!"] and anxiety ["Will they actually study for the CAs over the weekend? Or play and fail consequently??"] I let my bunch of ragamuffins go off on Wed, though I had to come back to school for duties on Thurs and Fri.

Now on Fri, while waiting my turn for duty, I have one observation about oral exams: They are a BORE. Unless you're an examiner, or a Big One on top who has to constantly monitor the situation and make sure nothing screws up, there is not much for the average teacher to do except take care of the kids who are waiting their turn for the examiner.

Examples:
- Walking around a 2m radius around the kid
- Leaning on the balcony railings staring at cloud formations
- Talking/Scolding to the kids waiting their turns
- Doodling frantically on any scraps of paper at hand

BUT, as boring as it all was, I am still grateful for the lull. At least in the meantime, I managed to get my LPs for the next week all done. :p Weekend here I come.

No comments: