Friday, June 30, 2006

Into the deep blue sea without a float

Update: Induction is over. Holidays are over. School has started. With me in it.

*long shriek*

Yes, I've finally ended my much-too-short children's education... er, education and I've been thrown into the deep blue sea without a float. Why without a float? Because that's exactly how I feel. You can just imagine me walking off the plank, two miserable floaties around my arms, screaming, "I'm not ready! I'm not ready!"

*Sigh* Like anyone ever cared? Like time and tide ever waited for anyone?

Anywayz, because of the probability that this blog may be read by some colleague, *seriously crossing my fingers here* I obviously have to go on a strict Vow of Unwilling Confidentiality. Sorry guys, but so do NOT want to be the first teacher-blogger to be sued by an wrathful principal.

So just a few details. I've been posted to one of the many inconspicuous government schools around the island. [so you can immediately cross out the famous ones] The school is ok, but... I still think my previous School Experience and Practicuum schools were run better. :p The kids are ok, except for one or two cases that makes me just want to........ I think the experienced teachs would know what kinda kid I'm talking about :S

And so much to absorb!!!! It's not quite about the amount of work, it's the sheer number they pile upon you on your first week in school! I've gotten a form class, I've had to run around after several people for my resources, [after which I gave up and bought a couple of non-core texts, like the SS and the health ed books] I've had to run after other office staff for keys, codes, laptop, [still yet to arrive] and I've even run into and met a few parents already!

And this is just my first week? *faint* Only about 155 more to go............

Ok, I'm guessing there are a lot more horror stories out there about first days, [do share in the comments!] but hey, since it's my blog, gimme some time to angst about it, eh? :p

No comments: