Sunday, April 23, 2006

Perking Up

So the 'down' period is over, n things are finally beginning to look up, thank God.

After a couple more observations, my assessment finally started to reach the 'acceptable' levels. *Phew!* So maybe I won't have to repeat my practicuum just yet. :p

Today's observation was havoc to prepare for though. I had intended to sleep well last nite and wake up early in the morning to finish up the preparations.

Early my foot. I woke up at the ungodly hour of 215am.

I don't even know why. Maybe it was my subconscious brain waking me up to frantically prepare for the lesson, because that was the first thing on my mind when I did wake up. So I decided to just start preparing my materials.

Wah lau. I cut and folded papers till I nearly died. And I still wasn't feeling sleepy.

I went back to bed, tossed and turned, and then woke up later at 6 to finish my lesson plan.

Which nearly made me totally late for school. I ran into the gates with all my barang, praying that assembly hadn't started yet, plonked myself into the staff room computer, glanced at the clock

And realised I was 10 mins early. My watch was 10 mins fast. *faint*

Anyway I managed to print out the LP for my CT and though the lesson could have been better, I saw she had given me all 'acceptables'. So I'm not complaining. :)

So now here I stand: I have 2 more weeks of practicuum left. The other trainees in the school have already left, leaving me all alone here. :( Although my teaching is still not quite 'proficient' enough, at least it's picking up and I'm starting to get into the swing of things. [starting with marking the pile of homework returned to me over the weekend and chasing those who did not hand in homework]

My classroom management is better with the younger class, maybe because they are smaller and easier to intimidate.

I have 2 more CT observations and 1 more sup observation.

I have finished my marking for the day and am listening to music while I blog while I wait for my next class.

Hey, maybe I'll make it after all.

2 comments:

J said...

Huh. How is it possible that these are the last 2 weeks of practicum and you haven't finished your observations? Aren't they supposed to be completed by this week, the latest?

The Ego One said...

Hi there
hang in there.. hope everything is fine for you.
remember this is just the first part of your hurdle in the teaching professions.... the yearly ranking, the promotion and all that jazz.... :)