Monday, January 09, 2006

Back to Life, Reality and School

As with all the little munchkins around Singapore, we too have to trudge reluctantly back to school...... Where did the holidays go???

Well, it appears that more than a few of the staff [including yours truly blogger here] may still be in the holiday mode. I arrived back to find a whole host of scheduling problems in school.

One lecture had to be postponed to a very hateful timing because Monday was a public holiday. [ok, my sympathies to the lecturers as well for that]

For another tutorial, the tutor tried in vain to find a common time slot for all of us to have a make up lesson, because a couple of Tuesdays were public holidays, but we realised that everyone's time table clashed with one another, and we were unable to find that common slot. [he tried, at least]

2 classes for another module were rescheduled because of time tabling mixups in the admin department [neither the fault of the tutor nor us, but we all suffer anyway]

And to make matters worse, I'm suddenly unable to log into Blackboard [the online portal with all the course documents, readings and other important announcements] because they seemed to have changed the whole damn thing.

I've been in school for a week and I already feel as if I'm 2 weeks behind the entire cohort.

Not to mention one of my tutors went through a pretty scathing session on What We Did Wrong During the Last Module, and with a pretty sinking heart, I suspect that I may committed most of the errors she mentioned in the project and the exam, although I don't really remember exactly what I wrote and handed in. Ok, the main reason why I suspect it is because I think I scored one of the lowest grades in the class. -_-!!!

Not an indicator of teaching ability, not an indicator of future teaching ability, not an indicator of future teaching ability

*sigh* caught up in the holiday mood, I forget that school has already started......... now to rush my ass up with the rest of the school...

1 comment:

Tym said...

Not an indicator of teaching ability, not an indicator of future teaching ability, not an indicator of future teaching ability

Amen, girl.