Thursday, October 19, 2006

3 Days or 3 Years?

Speaking with a fellow BT one day, we discuss cars and bonds.

Think about the maths for a while. A typical 3 year bond comes with a roughly $30,000-$40,000 penalty, depending on how long you spent in NIE. [We are working on a one year PGDE bond here, to make things simple.]

If you entered the Mediacorp Subaru RX challenge and you keep your hand on the car for more than 64 hours, [approx 2odd to 3 days] you would have won yourself a new car, which, if you sold off, would almost be enough to pay off for your bond.

All you would have to do is to get over the starvation, dehydration, fatigue and sleep deprivation that comes as a result. But hey, since we face this in the job everyday, we should be quite trained for it, no? :p

What is your choice? 3 days or 3 years?















3 Days or 3 Nights



Choose! Would you go through the Subaru RX challenge and stick to your hand to a car for more than 60 hours to get out of the bond? Vote now!






YES!! Anything to get out of the bond!
No! Are you nuts?
Hmm, I'm not sure but I'm tempted......

 Current Results





In other news, the PSLE marking period is now over, and it's back to school for everyone. While the prospect of facing my students doesn't exactly fill me with unadulterated joy, at least it somewhat beats the menial task of a recorder during the marking period...

Although I might change my mind the minute I step into class tomorrow and face the kids, who would have probably forgotten all the classroom conditioning and the holiday assignments over the 4 years. *faint*

1 comment:

trisha said...

Interesting comparison. Wished I had thought of that when I was still suffering through my bond!
I would have gone for the Subraru Challenge!